Habitat Store Associate
Responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to: customer service,
organizing, cleaning, pricing, maintaining warehouse in an orderly manner,
making minor repairs to donated items as needed and assisting Store
Team with customer pick-ups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be a team player.
• Understand Habitat's Mission Principles.
• Assist customers in finding products, answering questions, loading & unloading items from vehicles.
• Daily cleaning and straightening of Store.
• Screen for product usability when donors call or bring in donations.
• Perform minor repairs on items where appropriate.
• Work alongside Habitat's volunteers.
• Process cash, credit card, and check transactions following established procedures.
• Answer telephone and provide Store information and directions making sure to meet caller's needs.
• Maintain safety and security of the warehouse.
• Price merchandise according to Store Policy.
• Store items in warehouse in a neat and orderly fashion in order to utilize warehouse space and optimize sales.
• Follow Store policies and procedures in the warehouse and outside yard.
• Maintain outdoor display areas and parking lot in clean, orderly condition.
• Adhere to Habitat International Store operations manual.
• Ensure compliance with safety standards and comply with accident procedures.
• Work with Construction Manager to reserve donations for Habitat homes.
• Develops and maintain a good working relationship with potential donors.
• Ensures a consistent flow and availability of materials.
• Communicating the Habitat for Humanity and Habitat Store mission.
• Assist staff and volunteers to provide a safe, clean and organized work environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Must be willing to understand and implement the overall mission of Habitat for Humanity.
• Team player
• Customer Service
• Must pass WSP background check
• Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic. Enjoy working with people with diverse backgrounds.
• Committed to a safe, secure work environment.
• Ability to ensure volunteers as well as customers have an excellent experience.
• Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact.
• Construction/Warehouse Experience
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently, time management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of sales, marketing and construction materials.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment and unexpected shifts in priorities.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling and reaching, in awkward and tiring positions.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Positive attitude
Position is part-time, pays $10 per hour
To apply please email your resume and coverletter or mail to: PO Box 1549, Shelton, WA 98584